Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Exercise and Winnie the Pooh


Now most people when they look for a quote from someone brilliant to get them motivated, for me I look no further than my entertainment center. What an odd statement huh? Well let me 'splain Lucy! My entertainment cabinet is covered with my obsession. Winnie the Pooh.

Winnie the Pooh does what he refers to his stoutness exercises:

From: Winnie The Pooh and the Honey TreeWritten by: Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. ShermanPerformed by: Sterling Holloway [Pooh]

[Pooh:]Up - Down - UpWhen I up, down, touch the ground it puts me in the moodUp, down, touch the ground in the mood {smacks lips} for food

I am stout, round and I have found speaking poundage-wise

I improve my appetite when I exercise

*ripping sound*
Oh stuff and fluff
*ties his back together again*
That's better.

*reflection in the mirror talks back*
Thank youNow, where was I?

*grumbling sound from stomach*

Oh, yes, I'm rumbly in my tumbly. Time for something sweet
I am short, fat, and proud of that and so with all my might

I up, down, up-down to my appetite's delight

While I up, down, touch the ground

I think of things to chew

Mmm, like honey, milk, and chocolate

With a hefty-happy appetite I'm a hefty-happy Pooh.
[Chorus]With a hefty-happy appetite he's a hefty-happy Pooh.

See, this was me. .anything that was physical activity deserved a reward at the end...before it was food or something sugary drinkwise. Now, my reward is a hot shower and putting on pants that have not fit me in so long I have to take off my shoes and socks to count how many months (cough.. ok in some cases years) its been since I last wore that size.

Today is my rest day from the Wii Active, and that makes it day 3 of week 1 of Cool Runnings, ah but the damn rain in the sky.. grrr So what do I do?

When the older kids get home I go out and I walk my 1.5 miles (or more! Saturday it was 1.8!! be impressed I am!!) why? because I won't melt! This is important to me, to keep on this regime. I feel better than I have in years! I used to have crippling high blood pressure head aches and I used to get stress related hives. Neither of these have come to visit since the end of December!

So while Pooh (and I love him) thinks of food, I will think of getting out of the 20's and back into the teens in clothes.

:o)~ I think I like that trade off. ;o)~

Maybe I will have to take this guys title from my hubby since it appears I am getting rather bouncy:

1 comment:

  1. Okay THIS made me smile!!! I cant believe you've lost so much weight in such a short time, WOW!! I am jealous & proud of you, that's AMAZING!! I'm going to follow this blog & take notes, hopefully, not from the couch. You are my new inspiration! Thanks for linking me here!!!

    ReplyDelete